I have a philosophical question and wait for your answer.
How do you define the Term "Similar"?
When 2 images are considered as “Similar images”?
According to Google, as similar is defined:
- marked by correspondence or resemblance; "similar food at similar prices"; "problems similar to mine"; "they wore similar coats"
- alike(p): having the same or similar characteristics; "all politicians are alike"; "they looked utterly alike"; "friends are generally alike in background and taste"
- like: resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination; "suits of like design"; "a limited circle of like minds"; "members of the cat family have like dispositions"; "as like as two peas in a pod"; "doglike devotion"; "a dreamlike quality"
- (of words) expressing closely related meanings
- exchangeable: capable of replacing or changing places with something else; permitting mutual substitution without loss of function or suitability; "interchangeable electric outlets" "interchangeable parts"
- In linear algebra, two n-by-n matrices A and B are called similar if
- Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable; of triangles, etc., having corresponding angles equal and corresponding line ...
- similarly - in like or similar manner; "He was similarly affected"; "some people have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist ...
- similarly - in a like style or manner; Used to link similar items
- Figures that have the same shape but not necessarily the same size. Similar polygons have corresponding angles congruent and corresponding sides in proportion. Congruent is a special case of similar where the ratio of the corresponding sides is 1-1.
- Denotes meaning similarity between words that cannot always be used instead of each other, for instance because they only share a part of their ...
- Selects like-color pixels throughout the image.
- When data are described as "similar" this indicates the difference is likely due to chance as opposed to a real difference between two populations, even if the data points are different. ...
- Two objects such that the distance between any two points of one object is a particular constant times the distance between the corresponding ...
- similarly - 2 ) has been synthesized in NSPs of at least two different shapes and crystalline structures, each of which may have different toxicities. ...
Send me your opinion at savvash<at>gmail<dot>com and i will post it here.