The International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS) is one of the main international fora for the presentation and discussion of the latest technological advances in interactive multimedia services. The objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers and developers from academia and industry working in the areas of image, video and audio applications, with a special focus on analysis.
After a series of successful meetings starting in 1997 in Louvain, WIAMIS 2011 will be held at Delft University of Technology (TUDelft), Delft, The Netherlands.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
* 2D/3D feature extraction
* Segmentation and reconstruction of objects in 2D/3D image sequences
* Motion analysis and tracking
* Video/Audio special event recognition
* Multimedia coding efficiency and increased error resilience
* Multimedia browsing, indexing and retrieval
* Advanced descriptors and similarity metrics for multimedia
* Multimedia content adaptation tools, transcoding and transmoding
* Advanced interfaces for content analysis and relevance feedback
* End-to-end quality of service support for Universal Multimedia Access
* Semantic mapping and ontologies
* Semantic web and social networks
* Relevance feedback and learning systems
* Multimedia analysis hardware and middleware
* Advanced multimedia applications
* Video/Audio based human behavior analysis systems
* Camera based human computer interaction
All submissions will be handled electronically. Submission instructions will be posted on the workshop website (http://www.wiamis2011.org/) in due course.