This call is related to the CBMI’2010 workshop but is open to all contributions on a relevant topic, whether submitted at CBMI’2010 or not.
The Special issue of Multimedia Tools and Applications Journal will contain selected papers, after resubmission and review from 8th International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing CBMI’2010.
Following the seven successful previous events (Toulouse 1999, Brescia 2001, Rennes 2003, Riga 2005, Bordeaux 2007, London 2008, Chania 2009), 2010 International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI) will be held on June 23-25, 2010 in Grenoble, France. It will be organized by the Laboratoire
d'Informatique de Grenoble http://www.liglab.fr/. CBMI 2010 aims at bringing together the various communities involved in the different aspects of content-based multimedia indexing, such as image processing and information retrieval with current industrial trends and developments.
Research in Multimedia Indexing covers a wide spectrum of topics in content analysis, content description, content adaptation and content retrieval. Hence, topics of interest for the Special Issue include, but are not
• Multimedia indexing and retrieval (image, audio, video, text)
• Matching and similarity search
• Construction of high level indices
• Multimedia content extraction
• Identification and tracking of semantic regions in scenes
• Multi-modal and cross-modal indexing
• Content-based search
• Multimedia data mining
• Metadata generation, coding and transformation
• Large scale multimedia database management
• Summarization, browsing and organization of multimedia content
• Presentation and visualization tools
• User interaction and relevance feedback
• Personalization and content adaptation