The Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI: http://www.qcri.qa/) is looking to hire 3 scientists/PostDocs over the course of the next 12 months in the Information Retrieval area. QCRI conducts world-class applied computing research, creating knowledge and supporting innovation in select areas of computing science that will have long-term relevance and lasting value for Qatar.
Scientists and PostDocs are expected to contribute towards the research efforts of QCRI and to develop research expertise, tackling IR research challenges. The scientist will work as part of a research team, collaborating with peer researchers and software engineers to publish high quality papers, develop prototypes, and generate intellectual property in the form of disclosures and patent applications.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field with primary focus on information retrieval
• Strong publication record in tier 1 conferences and journals
• Expertise in related areas such as machine learning and/or natural language processing is preferred
• 1-3 years of research experience past Ph.D. for scientists
• Industrial and development experience would be a plus
Typically, we hire fresh Ph.D.’s as PostDocs with the prospect of switching to full time positions within 1 year. We can offer full time positions to truly exceptional fresh Ph.D.’s.
QCRI offers competitive compensation including attractive tax-free salary and additional benefits such as furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, medical insurance, etc.